Monday, July 7, 2008

Eloise's "pure folie" cheesecake





Hello Folks ! Ready for a French cooking lesson?
While Eloise and I were in Chicago ("I" = Eloise's Aunt Stephanie), we decided that she should learn how to cook a real cheesecake. So we had a cooking lesson. The only problem that we faced is that there is no food processor at home so we had to do it manually or with a blender ! So you'll discover our efficient "blender processed" cheesecake.





Blend Graham Crakers to have 1 cup of crumbs. Pour in a large bowl.
Add 3 tbsp of melted butter (I highly recommend you try with salted butter !) and 3 tbsp of sugar. Mix with a fork until you have a beautiful sand.
Press in the cheesecake pan.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 deg F in pre-heated oven.
Meanwhile, blend together 5 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 1 cup of sugar, 1 tbsp of vanilla extract and 3 tbsp of flour. Remove half of this liquid mix.
In the blender, while you are processing, add, tbsp per tbsp, 2,5 packs of creamcheese.
Pour in the large bowl you have used to make the sand (without cleaning it - it is useless so let's be lazy).
In the blender, set the other half of liquid mixture and process to add another 2,5 packs of cream cheese.
Pour in the bowl too and whisk to have a large quantity of creamcheesy cream.
Remove the pan from the oven. Pour the creamcheesy cream on the crust and bake again for 1 hour. The cheesecake is ready when the surface doesn't tremble if you shake the pan.
Let the cake in the oven while it cools down to prevent it from ... cracking?.... You see what I mean... The let it set in the fridge for few hours before you finally unmold the cake.
Decorate with vanilla frosting, meringues and caramel topping and... BON APPETIT !!






Here is our beautiful "pure folie" cheesecake....


And if you think it is not a "pure folie" enough, then add some meringue crumbs and some caramel on your piece !!!!

If you have any questions, send me an email : stephanie@cookcooning.com. I'd be more than happy to help you guys!... And if you are wondering where is the French part of this French cooking lesson then come here and you should find some to train your French :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

But I know that girl...
I think it's ... me !!!
The time I have spent in Chicago was great !! (in particular with you Johanna ^^)
I won't forget those moments spent in the Language Loop, good moments !!
Kisses for my dear fiend
Eloise

Anonymous said...

I've forgotten to give you my blog so : laloulou.over-blog.com
there is an article about you and your school but in French ^^
Muchos besos ^^

Don Shutters said...

I tasted your cheesecake ..............mmmmmmmmm good, delicious, wonderful, great, and scrumptious.

Language Loop said...

Eloise!!!! Where are you??? In Spain?? Please tell me! Did you email Marta?

Isn't it a nice picture of you and Catherine?? :-))

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!

Johanna